OceanPredict webinar – An industry perspective on the importance of ocean observations and prediction to mitigate climate change
Ocean Predict will host a discussion that aims to learn more about how industry is using ocean observation systems and prediction models.
- What are the limitations of publicly available and accessible ocean observation systems and prediction models for industry?
- Can better access help manage industry’s economic, environmental and social risks?
The panel will also look at how local observation data systems and prediction models used by industry can better support the OceanPredict community.
- 17 May 2023
- Virtual meeting by registration/invitation
- 12:00 – 13:00 pm UTC (45 min presentations and 15 min discussion)
- David Millar (Fugro)
- Marie Drevillon (Mercator Ocean International)
- Fraser Davidson (ECCC/DFO)
Moderator: Tatiana Der Avedissian from The Economist Group
If you want to take part in the webinar, please register here:
Only when you are registered you will be sent an invitation link.
The webinar discussion can be viewed on YouTube at OceanPredict: An industry perspective on ocean observations & prediction to mitigate climate change – YouTube.